This information is provided as a guide and is subject to change without notice to comply with federal, state, and institutional policies.
Generally, only one Financial Aid Application must be completed to get consideration for all types of grants, scholarships, and work opportunities at Georgia Perimeter College. Loans and some special awards may require additional forms. To apply, take these steps:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. Submit the FAFSA application online at the FAFSA on the website: www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- When completing the FAFSA, be sure to list Georgia Perimeter College's name and school code 001562. The college address is 555 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021. Submit the completed and electronically signed FAFSA to the Central Processor.
- Students should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) within 3 weeks after submitting their application to the processor. Students are able to check the status and view the results from the FAFSA application online. Students should maintain SAR in their personal files.
- If Georgia Perimeter College is listed on the SAR, the Financial Aid office will receive the student's SAR electronically. Three weeks after submitting the FAFSA application, the student should check GPC SIS System and confirm GPC's receipt of electronic SAR.
- A student's FAFSA may be selected in a process called verification, and the school may request certain financial documents. Verification documents can be obtained from the Financial Aid office or downloaded from the Financial Aid documents section of the Georgia Perimeter College website. If additional documentation is required, the student will receive a tracking letter listing the required documents, or the student can check the Financial Aid section of the Georgia Perimeter College website. If there are questions remaining, the student can contact the Financial Aid office at his or her campus to answer all of the student's remaining questions.
- Students should respond quickly to all correspondence received from the Financial Aid office. Documents are processed in the order they are received.
After the Financial Aid office receives a student's SAR and all requested information, the staff will do the following:
- Review the information.
- Make an award based on eligibility and availability of funds.
- Mail an award letter that lists the types and amounts of aid awarded to the student. The award letter may list additional requirements that the student must fulfill before funds can be disbursed.
The student should keep this letter with the SAR. The student must keep his or her name, address, e-mail address and telephone number current with Enrollment and Registration Services on campus or on the Enrollment and Registration Services form page on the Georgia Perimeter College website. When a student is determined to be eligible for financial aid, tuition and fees may be covered to the extent of the aid, provided the student's financial aid file is completed by the priority due date. If the aid is not sufficient to cover tuition and fees, the student is responsible for the balance, which is due at the time of registration. If the aid exceeds the cost of actual tuition and fees, a refund will be issued to the student from the Student Accounts office by the end of the fourth week following registration.