This information is provided as a guide and is subject to change without notice to comply with federal, state, and institutional policies. For the most current information, please visit www.gpc.edu/finaid.
Generally, only one Financial Aid Application must be completed to get consideration for all types of grants, scholarships, and work opportunities at Georgia Perimeter College. Loans and some special awards may require additional forms. To apply, take these steps:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. Submit the FAFSA application online at the FAFSA website: www.FAFSA.gov.
- When completing the FAFSA, be sure to list Georgia Perimeter College's name and school code 001562. The college address is 555 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021. Submit the completed and electronically signed FAFSA at www.FAFSA.gov.
- After completing the FAFSA online, students should receive the results of the application in the form of a Student Aid Report (SAR) within three to five business days via email and/or letter mail. Students may also view the SAR online at www.FAFSA.gov. Students should maintain a copy of the SAR in their personal files.
- If Georgia Perimeter College is listed on the SAR, the Financial Aid office will receive the student's SAR electronically. Three weeks after submitting the FAFSA application online, the student should check their account on GPC’s Student Information System (SIS) at http://sis.gpc.edu and confirm GPC's receipt of the electronic SAR.
- A student's FAFSA may be selected in a process called verification, and the school may request certain financial documents. Verification forms can be downloaded from the Financial Aid forms webpage at www.gpc.edu/finaid. If additional documentation is required, the student will receive a notification listing the required documents, or the student can check his or her SIS account at http://sis.gpc.edu. If there are questions remaining, the student can contact the Financial Aid office at his or her campus to answer any remaining questions.
- Students should respond quickly to all correspondence received from the Financial Aid office. Documents are processed in the order they are received.
After the Financial Aid office receives a student's SAR and all requested information, the following will occur:
- The financial aid file will be reviewed.
- An award will be made based on eligibility and availability of funds.
- An estimated award letter listing the types and amounts of aid awarded will be mailed. The award letter may list additional requirements that the student must fulfill before funds can be disbursed.
The student must keep his or her name, address, e-mail address and telephone number current on their account in SIS at http://sis.gpc.edu. When a student is determined to be eligible for financial aid, tuition and fees may be covered to the extent of the aid, provided the student's financial aid file is completed by the priority due date. If the aid is not sufficient to cover tuition and fees, the student is responsible for the balance, which is due at the time of registration. If the aid exceeds the cost of actual tuition and fees, a refund will be issued to the student from the Student Accounts office by the end of the fourth week following the registration period.