This information is provided as a guide and is subject to change without notice to comply with federal, state, and institutional policies.
Refunds are the funds a student receives after tuition, mandatory fees and any other charges have been paid in full. All refunds are term-based, and for a refund situation to occur, the total payments for the term must exceed the total charges for the same term, including any adjustments for waivers. The payments can come from various sources, such as financial aid, cash, check, credit/debit cards, scholarships, fellowships, or third-party sponsors. A refund can only occur if a payment has been made.
All refunds will be delivered through the Higher One refund system. The banking services of Higher One are designed to specifically meet the needs of college students.
At the start of each semester, every enrolled student will receive a GPC MasterCard Debit card in the mail. The card is not a credit card. Students will need to activate the GPC Debit card and choose how they want their refund delivered. Students may choose from two options:
- Refund deposited directly to the student GPC MasterCard Debit card
- Refund deposited to another bank account of the student’s choice
It is the student’s responsibility to verify that his or her correct address is on file with the college.
To learn more about Higher One, students may visit www.HigherOne.com, and for GPC’s program, students can visit www.GPCone.com.
Students who formally drop from a course or withdraw from the college on or before the course session’s last scheduled registration period, including those who have been excluded subsequent to registration, are entitled to a 100% refund of tuition, technology, student activity, athletic, student support, institutional and certain special course fees according to the published refund schedule for the applicable semester.
Less Than 100% Refunds
Students who formally withdraw from all courses after the course session’s last scheduled registration period will be entitled to a percentage refund of tuition, technology, student activity, student support, institutional, and athletic fees according to the published refund schedule for the applicable semester. Please note that technology, student activity, student support and athletic fees are refunded according to the Full Term schedule only. Special course fees are not refunded on less than a 100% basis.
- There will be no refund for reducing course loads after the course session’s last scheduled registration period.
- Students who do not formally withdraw, who are suspended for disciplinary reasons, or who leave the college when disciplinary action is pending are not eligible for a refund of any portion of any fee.
- A refund of all mandatory fees shall be made in the event of the death of a student at any time during the semester.
- Ordinarily, refunds will not be issued until the end of the fourth week following registration. Any outstanding financial obligations to the college will be deducted from the refund.