- Students in the USG must declare one home institution at a time. Students who transfer from one institution to another automatically change their home institution.
- Students must meet the USG specified minimum number of hours in each Area A-E.
Students who successfully complete a course in one institution’s Area A-E will receive full credit in Area A-E for the course upon transfer to another USG institution as long as the following conditions are met:
- The course is within the Area hours limitations of either the sending institution or the receiving institution and
- The student does not change from a non-science major to a science major.
- Students who complete any core curriculum course will receive full credit for that course upon transfer to another USG institution within the same major, even if a core area is not completed and even if it means giving transfer credit across areas.
- Students who successfully complete a course in one institution’s Area F will receive full credit for the course upon transferring to another USG institution as long as the student retains the same major.
- Students who transfer after completing the US/GL/CT requirements of the sending institution may not be required to complete the US/GL/CT requirements of the receiving institution.
- Provided that native and transfer students are treated equally, institutions may impose additional reasonable expectations, such as a grade of “C” in Area A-F courses.
Transfer credit from a college or university outside the United States may be reviewed only when the transcript is accompanied by a professional evaluation from a professional credential evaluation agency approved by Georgia Perimeter College. See the International Students Admission page for more information.