Students currently enrolled in classes at Georgia Perimeter College who have a cumulative grade point average on record may request permission to take courses at another institution. Students can pick up a Request for Transient Permission form from the Enrollment and Registration Services office at each location. All requests must be approved by the campus Registrar.
Students need to understand that grades obtained in the courses taken at another institution will not be calculated into the cumulative grade point average (GPA) at Georgia Perimeter College that is used toward graduation.
Transient permission to another institution will only be granted for one semester/term. Subsequent semesters/terms must be requested separately with a new Request for Transient Permission form.
Any student who has signed a TAG agreement is not eligible to be a transient student within their last 30 credit hours of transfer to their TAG institution.
In order to receive transient permission, the GPC student:
- Must be degree seeking at Georgia Perimeter College
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have completed all Learning Support and/or English as a Second Language requirements
- Must have completed all College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) requirements or required high school curriculum requirements.
- Must make sure that the program of study listed with the college matches the program of study listed on the Request for Transient Permission form. If they do not match, the student must submit a Change of Major form to the Enrollment and Registration Services office
- Must enroll in courses appropriate to his/her major, at the proper level, and in the proper sequence in accordance with GPC prerequisites
- Must register for courses at the transient institution that are of equivalent nature to those offered at GPC. Reference the Transfer Equivalency Web page for transfer equivalency information
- Must see a Financial Aid counselor after submitting a request form for transfer of aid if financial aid is given
- Must see an International Advisor after submitting a request form if the student holds an F-1 visa
- Must complete an application and meet the admissions requirements and deadlines at the institution that he/she plans to attend as a transient student
- Must satisfy all financial obligations to Georgia Perimeter College prior to submitting the request form
In order to receive credit for the course(s) taken at another institution, the GPC student:
- Must have the course approved by submitting a Request for Transient Permission form. Courses for which approval was not received may not be accepted back as transfer credit by Georgia Perimeter College
- Must complete the courses with a grade of “C” or better
- Must submit an official transcript to GPC at the end of the transient term. A transcript will not be automatically sent from the transient institution. Student must follow the procedure to request an official transcript from the transient institution.
If a student completes a prerequisite course at the transient institution, this may impact his/her eligibility to take the next sequential course until the grade is posted at GPC. It is recommended that students are aware of the start and end dates of the semester/term at the transient institution.
A student completing a course at the transient institution in the semester of his/her graduation must allow time for processing of the credit at GPC. Depending on the end of term at the transient institution, this may delay graduation.