700 - FINANCE AND BUSINESS
707.07 PURCHASING AUTHORITY AND PURCHASE REQUEST
To establish the authority for centralized purchasing for Georgia Perimeter College, and to inform all concerned of certain criteria used in processing purchase orders.
A. Authority to Purchase for the College
1. Except for those instances where the authority for limited purchases has been previously designated in writing by the Executive Vice President for Financial and Administrative Affairs or the Director of College Services, the responsibility and authority for procurement is vested in the Purchasing Department.
2. No employee of the College is permitted to order any materials, equipment, or services directly on his/her own.
3. No person may make any purchase involving the use of College funds unless he/she is authorized to do so, and then only through established purchase order procedure.
4. The payment of any unauthorized purchases shall be the sole responsibility of that person placing the order.
B. Purchase Request Procedures
1. A complete set of procedures is published in the Policies and Procedures Manual for Purchasing and is distributed by the Director of Logistical Services.
Revision: “DeKalb College” replaced with “Georgia Perimeter College” (8/2001)