SECTION 700 - FINANCE AND BUSINESS
711.11 DONATED PROPERTY
Georgia Perimeter College welcomes the donation of property to be used for educational purposes and works through the Georgia Perimeter College Foundation, Inc. in receiving such property. To ensure that such donated property is appropriate to the College's mission and that such property not entail any future obligations on the College's part, the following procedure is established.
1. The College employee requesting that a donation of property be accepted shall complete a form available from the Georgia Perimeter College Foundation, Inc. The form shall specify the nature of the property, the donating party, and other relevant information, including the proposed placement of the donated property in or about the College facilities.
2. The donated property form shall be reviewed by the Director of Developmental/Alumni Affairs. After review, the Director shall forward the form with his/her comments to the Vice President of the appropriate functional area for review.
3. The Vice President of the functional area shall approve or disapprove the property donation and forward the request to the Executive Vice President for Financial and Administrative Affairs.
4. The Executive Vice President for Financial and Administrative Affairs shall consult with the College Counsel if no precedent for accepting the particular type of property exists.
5. If the Executive Vice President for Financial and Administrative Affairs and the Vice President of the functional area are not in agreement on accepting or rejecting the donated property, the matter shall be put before the Executive Committee for final determination.
6. All donated property shall become part of the College's equipment inventory and shall be governed by all College policies regarding College property.
This policy is not intended to apply to donated library collection items. The acceptance of donated library collection items is subject to Learning Resources policies.
Revision: “DeKalb College” replaced with “Georgia Perimeter College” (8/2001)