SECTION 800 - HUMAN RESOURCES
802.0809 FACULTY/STAFF PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL
Professional Travel at the Request of the College:
1. Travel at the request of the College is normally paid in accordance with current state rules and regulations. Individuals should strive to travel as inexpensively as possible without interfering with the business that they have been requested to perform.
2. College policies for travel reimbursement will be used and should be reviewed by the traveler prior to departure.
Professional Travel at the Request of the Employee:
1. Employees' request for travel within the United States or to Canada will be handled at the discretion of the Department Chair/Dean of Academic Services or appropriate manager.
2. Employees' requests for travel outside the United States and Canada should be recommended by the Department Chair/Dean of Academic Services and approved by the Executive Team. Approval will be contingent on available funds and other relevant considerations. Generally, funds for international travel will be limited to those giving professional presentations. Funding up to $1,500 will be considered.
3. Travel and Registration Funds are allotted by the College to the budget centers based on the number of positions eligible for travel. The amount of travel funds allocated by the College to the traveler will be at the discretion of the Department Chair/Dean of Academic Services or the appropriate manager.
4. College policies for travel reimbursement will be used and should be reviewed by the traveler prior to departure.
5. As a general rule, professional leave will not be granted to teaching faculty for more than eight days in any academic year and/or for more than five days in any one semester. Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. (Ref. Section 802.0808, Professional Leave for Nine-Month Faculty, GPC Policy Manual).
Revised ADCAB 7/94
Revised 11/01: “Quarter” changed to “Semester”; “Vice President for Academic Affairs” changed to “Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs”