802.17 CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Georgia Perimeter College is committed to the continued professional growth and development of College personnel.
Faculty, staff, and administrators are encouraged to participate in development activities and study. Career development opportunities may include, but are not limited to, the following examples of program offerings:
1. Tuition Remission and Reimbursement;
2. Courses offered through Continuing Education;
3. Courses offered through a Department of Technical and Adult Education (DTAE) institution;
4. External professional programs and conferences;
5. System-wide/institutional faculty and staff professional development programs; and
6. Institutional Leadership Programs for all employees.
Georgia Perimeter College shall commit at least one percent of full-time employee salaries to be used for faculty and staff development. This one percent will be matched by state appropriated funds to the extent that funds are available.
Revised by CAB 4/23/03
Approved by CAB 6/25/03