802.903 EMPLOYMENT BEYOND RETIREMENT
When an individual retires from the University System of Georgia and is receiving benefits from the Teachers Retirement System, the Employees Retirement System, or the Regent’s Retirement Plan; he/she shall not be re-employed by the University System without the prior approval of the Board of Regents. When an employee has retired from the University System of Georgia, he/she may be re-employed by the University System of Georgia under the following conditions:
1. The re-employment of a University System of Georgia retiree must be approved
by the Board of Regents prior to re-employment;
2. A rehired retiree must have a minimum break of 30 calendar days between the effective date of his/her retirement and the effective date of his/her reemployment;
3. The work commitment of a rehired retiree must be less than half-time, i.e., less than 50%;
4. The salary that is paid to a rehired retiree must be less that 50% of the annual benefit-base compensation amount that he/she was earning at the time of his/her retirement; and
5. The salary that is paid to a rehired retiree must be consistent with his/her work commitment.