GSU Office of International Initatives
Clarkston Campus, CN-2102
555 N. Indian Creek Dr.
Clarkston, GA 30021
Clarkston Campus CN-2102
Peggy Curney Davis
Clarkston Campus CN 2105
Program Leaders by Campus
Margee Bright-Ragland, London
Sally Robertson, Ireland
Lauren Curtright, Paris
W. Ernie Guyton, Guatemala
Nicolette Rose, Jamaica
Stewart Goodman, Guatemala
Fred Bounds, China
Priscilla Dodds, Guatemala
The Access Asia Scholarship fund receives a substantial contribution from the National Association of Chinese-Americans (NACA), an organization dedicated to the advancement of cordial relationships between the United States and China. It is a non-profit organization, which was founded in 1977 by Dr. Cheng Ning Yang, a Nobel laureate in Physics. Its initial objective was to assist in achieving and promoting full diplomatic recognition between these two countries.
The Atlanta Chapter of NACA has continued to organize and sponsor activities that bring together Chinese dignitaries, local Georgia government officials as well as community and business leaders. NACA's mission has been as a facilitator to promote cultural, educational, scientific and business relationships between these parties. It also strongly encourages Chinese-Americans to participate in the American political process while preserving Chinese heritage in the American culture.
Eligible applicants are Georgia Perimeter College students who-
1) have completed at least one academic year at GPC with
2) a GPA of 2.7 or above and
3) have applied to study abroad on an eligible program in Asia
4) are currently enrolled at GPC and will continue to be a fully enrolled GPC student through the duration of the study abroad program.
1) Submit an application form [download application form] along with
2) a brief essay (300 words) explaining what impact he or she expects studying in Asia to have on his/her life and career, and
3) a written explanation of his/her financial need for the scholarship (no word limit).
Note: You must submit your study abroad program application in full before you apply for this scholarship. Students are responsible for making all program fee payment deadlines on time, even if scholarship funds have not yet been distributed.
For AY 2013-14, these scholarships may not be available.