Employee Relations supports and assists the College to maintain employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory job performance; compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures; and fosters a positive and productive work environment. We provide guidance to faculty, staff, supervisors and managers.
Employee Relations includes the following responsibilities:
- Assist in addressing and correcting poor performance and misconduct
- Conflict resolution, including Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consult with management to develop, implement and revise Human Resource policies and procedures
- Provide guidance to managers and employees on the applicability and application of Human Resource policies and procedures
- Employee & supervisory training – including, the Code of Conduct Training, which is generally held at least twice a year
- Assist employees with the appeals and grievance processes
- Assist employees and managers to address personal issues that may impact job performance, as appropriate, through referrals for third party assistance We are here to assist with a number of other issues or matters of concern to you. We will guide, support, and train our faculty and staff in any aspects of Employee Relations by promoting practices that provide effective management procedures for all.
We are a department within the Human Resources Department. Please feel free to contact our office at any time for additional information.
Karen Truesdale, Employee Relations Director – (678) 891-2542
Patricia Campbell, Human Resources Intake Coordinator – (678) 891-2543
Jim Rasmus, Chief Human Resource Officer – (678) 891-2546