The InfoSec function within OIT provides policies, technologies, practices, and services to ensure that:
- GPC's information assets are adequately protected.
- Personal identities are safeguarded.
- Compliance requirements are met.
GPC InfoSec personnel:
- Assess risks to GPC's information, IT infrastructure, and business processes.
- Define appropriate measures to address the risks.
- Maintain plans and procedures to respond to information security incidents.
- Ensure that the GPC community understands their responsibilities and computing best practices.
Every user is responsible for practicing safe computing, which include items such as:
- Ensuring we are using strong passwords to protect our user accounts and never sharing passwords with others.
- Deleting unsolicited email and never opening attachments or clicking links contained in unsolicited emails.
- Securing documents containing sensitive information and not leaving them unattended.
- Frequently backing up your important data and files.
A policy is a concise document that outlines specific GPC requirements or rules. GPC's policies are the organization's official stance on an issue, program or system, and compliance with GPC policies is mandatory for all faculty, staff, and students of the college. All members of the GPC user community are strongly encouraged to read and become familiar with GPC's Information Security Policies.
The bi-monthly awareness video, provided by SANS.org, is part of the "Securing The Human" series. A new awareness video will be posted here every other month to keep us updated on the latest cyber threats and technologies, with the goal of using information technology more securely. The current video focuses on Healthcare regulations and requirements. It introduces you to the concepts of HIPAA, HITECH and PHI and how they apply to Healthcare organizations and Business Associates.
Click the SANS logo below to view the video:
Interim Chief Information Security Officer
Service Desk Hours
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Need help with a computer issue, software problem, or other technology related issue? Visit us at the Service Desk page to find answers or get help:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Live Chat by SightMax|