About Service Desk
The Service Desk plays an important role in customer support. It not only handles incidents, problems and changes via email, telephone support or routing and escalation to other support areas; it provides customers with a central point of contact to the Office of Information Technology (OIT) department. A Service Desk objective is to ensure that the right person can be located to assist with issues, requests and information.
The Service Desk supports a wide range of customers. These include our students, faculty, staff and individuals outside the college – prospective students, visitors, contractors, etc. To provide the best service, the Service Desk provides multiple channels of communication – via email, telephone, web request forms, and in the future, a self-service portal.
The Georgia Perimeter College (GPC) Service operates to provide a high quality of service and technical support to our customers. Mapping to the college wide goals of:
- Effectively using industry standards and tools to provide problem determination and resolution to our customers. (Quality Service)
- Working closely with other OIT functional areas in determining the most effective and efficient solutions for technical issues identified by our customers, and communicating information promptly and clearly. (Continuous Improvement)
The GPC Service desk vision is to achieve world class customer service and superior technology support by becoming the GPC Service Provider of choice.
To help our customers make the best use of technology in the support of the College and to provide leadership in technical support for the GPC community. We will provide TLC: Technical Leadership for our Customers by providing a central, single point of contact for their technology-related questions and problems
Current Major Projects
- Service Desk “Self-Service Center” portal. This will provide GPC customers the ability to search a knowledge base for questions and support issues.
- Surveys – the Service Desk will be sending out surveys to its customers to gauge service satisfaction.
Upcoming Major Projects
- SLAs (Service Level Agreements) – currently developing service levels for the common requests received by the Service Desk. Service Levels will include due dates, notifications and expirations.
Service Desk Team
Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Analysts
Service Desk Technician (II)
Service Desk Technicians (I)
May 10th, 2013 - Transition from elementK to Skillsoft!
On 05/17/2013, the Office of Information Technology will begin the transition of ElementK to SkillSoft as an online training tool for Georgia Perimeter College.
For those users with current ElementK access, you are encouraged to print your professional development transcripts before 05/17/2013, when access to ElementK will be cut off for the transition process. SkillSoft will be online and available as of Tuesday, 05/28/2013.
SkillSoft is a leading provider of e-learning and performance support solutions whose online resources include courses, books, simulations, exams and videos. SkillSoft users may use these tools to prepare for many exam certifications for business skills, IT skills and desktop skills.
Along with SkillSoft, users will have access to Books 24x7, which has thousands of full-length titles available to view on a computer or mobile device as well as several hundred Desktop and IT video solutions.
Service Desk Hours
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Need help with a computer issue, software problem, or other technology related issue? Visit us at the Service Desk page to find answers or get help:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Live Chat by SightMax|