Instructional Design at GPC
Instructional Design is the process of developing instruction so that it is effective, efficient, and engaging. Georgia Perimeter College supports a large number of technology tools and services that can be used to create effective, efficient, and engaging instruction. In addition, Georgia Perimeter College employs instructional designers as well as other professionals that are skilled in using technology toward this end.
Since the tools available for instruction have grown more powerful and more complicated, the role of Academic Technology is to provide support for the increasing emphasis on the use of instructional technology within the GPC community for both instruction and communication. Our team is responsible for the following:
- Delivering formal training on the use of technology tools and services
- Providing on-going support in the use of technology tools and services
- Operating and offering technical and instructional consultation within the Instructional Design Labs & Media Spots
- Offering Instructional Design consultation for development of materials and learning strategies
- Implementing instructional projects
- Learning Management System (iCollege) administration, support, and training
- GPC Rewind (Echo 360 lecture capture) administration, support, and training
We are pleased to support teaching and learning with technology at GPC, so join us for trainings and workshops, drop by our Instructional Design Labs on each campus, or request a consultation or continued support at any time.
We specialize in:
- Identifying strategies for improvement or innovation in the integration of technology for instruction
- Assisting faculty development of instructional materials and learning experiences including documents, iCollege applications, and multimedia
- Helping faculty assess the feasibility of converting your traditional course to an online course
- Consulting on face-to-face, online, and hybrid course design and best practices
- Developing specialty, custom trainings for departments or small groups
Service Desk Hours
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Need help with a computer issue, software problem, or other technology related issue? Visit us at the Service Desk page to find answers or get help:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Live Chat by SightMax|