Student Information System (SIS)
The SIS Team supports Banner production which includes:
- Self-Service Banner (SSB), used by students, faculty and advisors. Students can register, pay fees, view and update self-reported data, initiate emails to current instructors, etc.; students and advisors can view Plan for Success and other registration/advisement information; faculty can view class roster, email students in a class, report No-Shows, report grades, etc.
- Internet Native Banner (Banner INB), used by GPC enrollment, student financials, scheduling and academic administrative staff to process prospect loads and admissions applications; prepare class schedule and staff courses; manage testing, placement and enrollment data; produce transcripts; etc.
- Scheduled data exports to other systems that require student data – e.g., JagCard, JagAlert, iCollege, bookstores, etc.
- Production control. SIS Team Production Control assists enrollment/SFS offices with daily, weekly and term-cycle Banner production jobs – e.g., Grade Cycle, Testing Office and ACT/SAT Score loads, Registration - Financial and No-Show Purges, etc. This support is arranged well in advance of the supported events.
- Production issues. SIS Team assists enrollment/SFS offices troubleshooting and resolving production issues in Banner. These problems are reported through Service Desk Request Help using the iServe (login required) ticketing system. Typical issues include:
- Banner batch process errors. Job name, job numbers, input parameters, and info from logs are helpful.
- Banner INB – Banner form not functioning as intended or yielding desired results. Step-by-step screen shots and IDs, terms, etc., associated with error are helpful.
- Self-Service Banner (SSB) – SSB page not functioning as expected. Screen shots, IDs, terms and SSB URL are helpful.
- Banner Interface to external system not producing expected results. IDs and other data associated with problem are helpful.
- Access. At the request of Banner Data Stewards in enrollment/SFS offices, we revise Banner INB access for end users. For more information, see Banner Account Request site (login required). Note: eSams access requests are supported outside OIT, via https://www.gpc.edu/esams/esams_get_id.php.
- Banner updates. SIS Team works with DBAs from Enterprise Server Team, as well as functional team leaders from Enrollment/SFS offices, to schedule, apply, test and migrate to production Banner software updates provided by SunGard Higher Education, and USG Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Banner documentation. SIS Team supports local Banner software documentation on the Banner Documentation Server (login required).
At the request of enrollment/SFS offices, SIS Team programmer/analysts develop customizations to Banner INB and Self-Service Banner (SSB). GPC customizations to Banner are submitted as follows:
- Minor enhancements requested through iServe tickets (login required). Approval and prioritization of customizations are subject to review by the Banner SIS Management Team, which has cross-functional representation from Enrollment and Student Financial Services as well as OIT.
- Major enhancement requests are submitted through the OIT Project Intake Process (pdf). IT Leadership reviews/recommends and the College Executive Cabinet approves and prioritizes these requests.
Mark Elliott, Assistant Director Information Systems, 678-891-2505.
Mark leads the Student Information Systems (Banner SIS) Team responsible for supporting the Banner Student Information System.
- Production Support
- Lynn Ellington, Production Coordinator
- Software Support
- Andrew Hackett, Senior Systems Support Specialist
- Ceclephus “Cee” Everett, Senior Systems Support Specialist
- Linda Moss, Senior Systems Support Specialist
- Betsy Hewitt, Senior Systems Support Specialist
Service Desk Hours
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Need help with a computer issue, software problem, or other technology related issue? Visit us at the Service Desk page to find answers or get help:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Live Chat by SightMax|