- 2008 — PRISM Colloquium Presentation for Georgia Educators at UGA. "Introducing the High School Mathematics GPS to Georgia Colleges."
- April 2012 — “Resources for Constructing Application Problems and Using Spreadsheets,” NCTM, Philadelphia, PA
- February 2012 — “No Time to Fail,” GPC Math Conference, Clarkston, GA
- November 2011 — “Video Creation Seminar,” Department Webinar
- November 2011 — “Resources for Constructing Application Problems and Using Spreadsheets,” 2-hr workshop, AMATYC
- November 2011 — “Resources for Constructing Application Problems,” McGraw-Hill Higher Education Seminar Series
- February 2011 — “Using Real-life Data for Application Problems,” GPC Math Conference
- September 2010 — “Using Jarnal to Provide Annotations to your Students,” Department Webinar
- September 2010 — “Q & A for Vokis,” Department Webinar
- June 2010 and Sept. 2010 — “Overcoming Math Anxiety & Study Skills,” GPC Online Student Success Team Webinar
- June 2010 — “Video Creation,” Department Webinar
- March 2010 — “Educational Software that can Enhance your Classes,” GPC Math Conference, Clarkston, GA, February 2010 and GPC Tech Conference, Clarkston, GA
- February 2010 — “Teaching Math Online,” GPC Math Conference, Clarkston, GA
- February 2009 — “Open Forum on Online Math Classes,” GPC Math Conference, Clarkston, GA
- April 2011 — Communications 101 - Cultivating A Relationship with Media
- July 2011 — Leadership Seminar, Leveraging Public Relations and Communication
- “‘The World As I See It’: Zora Neale Hurston and World War Two.” World War Two Symposium, Georgia Perimeter College, Dunwoody, GA, 2011.
- “‘On a Birthday of Kennth's’: Frank O’Hara’s Occasional Poetry.” New Voices Conference, Georgia State University. Atlanta, GA, 2010.
- “Teaching the Exquisite Corpse.” First Year Writing Symposium (University of Minnesota). Minneapolis, MN, 2008.
- “‘(The Joking Voice, a Gesture I Love)’”: Familiarizing Discourse in Elizabeth Bishop's ‘Manuelzinho’”; PCA/ACA Conference. Boston, MA, 2007.
- “‘Je me tais et marche les pieds nus’: Jean Genet's Le miracle de la rose”; Graduate Symposium in Romance Languages (University of Minnesota). Minneapolis, MN, 2007.
- “Historicizing Elizabeth Bishop's Hierarchical Distance in Brazil”; Red River Graduate Student Conference. Fargo, North Dakota, 2007.
- “Capote in the Hamptons,” South Atlantic Modern Language Association, 2009, Atlanta WebCT Learning Platform, South Atlantic Modern Language Association, 2007, Charlotte
- “Communicating with Communication Students from Around the Globe,” Georgia Communication Association, Toccoa Falls College, Georgia, 2006.
- “First-Generation Asian-American College Students: Narrating the Journey,” Georgia-Carolina English Association, Lawrenceville, Georgia, 2006.
- “Ignored Voices: Boomer and Generation X Literature, Georgia-Carolina English Association, Clarkston, Georgia, 2008.
- “Journey to Nationhood: Piers Plowman, the Reformer,” Teaching Medieval Literature Conference, Lawrenceville, Georgia, 2006.
- “Midsummer Night’s Dream and International Students,” Georgia-Carolina English Association, Lawrenceville, Georgia, 2005.
- “Spenser’s Veue of Ireland, A Paradox: His Lesser Works and English Nationalism,” Georgia Philological Association, Brewton Parker College, Mt. Vernon, Georgia, 2009.
- “The iCollege Learning Platform,” Intermediate Composition, Teaching Matters Conference, Gordon College, Barnesville, 2009.
- Trends in Communications Research: Topic Prominence in Scholarly Journals, Georgia Communication Association, Gainesville State College, 2007.
- “Literacy Across the Curriculum”: Presented to the faculty of the Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology. November 2011.
- “First Time Online, Pilot of English 99” Distance Learning Administration Conference, June 2012.
- “Finding your Voice in an Online Classroom” Co-presented with Lauri Goodling at Georgia Perimeter College, Teaching and Technology Conference, March 2012.
- “Hiring and Mentoring Part Time Faculty” Digital Innovation Group, University System of Georgia, Webinar, February 2012.
- “From Asynchronous Poetry Lessons to Spoken Word” SAMLA, November 2011.
- “Using the LMS to Engage English 99 Students in the Asynchronous Classroom” Webinar, GPC Online, November 2011.
- “Using Wimba Classroom® to Engage Students in the Asynchronous Classroom” Webinar, GPC Online, October 2011.
- “Using Turn It In® at GPC” presented at the Part Time Instructor Symposium, Clarkston, GA, August 2011.
- “Adjunct Training and Retention” Distance Learning Administration Conference, Savannah, May 2011.
- “Captivating Assessments” University of Georgia Studio Symposium, May 2011.
- “Introduction to Turn It In®” Georgia Perimeter College, Part Time Faculty Summit, January 2011.
- “Using Web Tools to Teach Online Courses” Atlanta Optimists Club meeting, March 2011.
- “Using Web Tools to Teach Courses Online” International Society for Performance Improvement Atlanta Chapter meeting, November 2011.
- “Outlook: Beyond E-Mail” Georgia Perimeter College, Technology Conference, Clarkston, Winter 2010.
- “Introduction to Turn It In®” Co-Presented at Georgia Perimeter College, Technology Conference, Clarkston, Winter 2010.
- “Advanced Turn It In®” Co-Presented at Georgia Perimeter College, Technology Conference, Clarkston, Winter 2010.
- “Pay It Forward: A Different Sort of Narrative,” Faculty Development Day, GPC 2011.
- “Who Is the Self Who Teaches?” Two Year College Association (TYCA), Decatur, Georgia 2010.
- Faculty poetry/fiction reading, Two Year College Association (TYCA), Decatur, Georgia 2010.
- Association of Writers and Writing Programs, Denver, Colorado 2009.
- “Why My Research is So Important to the Wider Academic Debate on the Construction of Sacred Space in Secular Places” – Presentation to Anthropology Master Class of the Research Summer School at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Lampeter, Wales. June 14 2011.
- “Checking Our Bearings: Exploring the Use of Spatial Cognition in Tweed’s Crossing and Dwelling” – Presentation to the Method and Theory of Religion section at the Southeast Regional Meeting of the American Academy of Religion, Louisville, KY. 2011.
- “Mode III Organization of Online Instructional Work: A Community College Case Study” – Presentation at the Distance Learning Administration Conference 2009, St. Simons Island, GA. 2009.