Your GPC Staff Senate is here to represent the voices of ALL staff employees in the decision-making process of the College! While continuously striving to encourage your communication and involvement in those matters closest to you, we your Staff Senators, serve as a resource of inquiries regarding general staff concerns. Our goal is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment that allows us to build stronger bonds and professional work relationships within the GPC Community.Meetings of the Staff Senate are held at least four times a year, with special meetings called as warranted.The location and time of Staff Senate meetings are posted well in advance and all are welcome to attend.
What Your Staff Senators can do for you!
- Advise and make recommendations on existing and proposed policies
- Inform staff of issues and activities of importance
- Integrate GPC staff into the GPC Shared Governance and Policy Review process
- Represent the College in the activities of the USG Staff Council
- Facilitate staff development opportunities including, but not limited to, coordinating Staff Development Day, welcoming new staff employees, and developing a mentoring system
Staff Senate Membership
The Staff Senate consists of representatives from the six functional areas of the College and from each of our campuses/locations. Representatives are expected to understand and share the collective viewpoint of their entire functional area or campus.
The establishment of the Staff Senate formalizes the involvement of all staff employees in the governance of the College. Staff employees include support staff and professional and administrative employees from Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial/Administrative Affairs, Institutional Advancement, OIT, Contact Center and the President’s Office.
2014-15 Staff Senate Officers
Chair: Deatrice Willis, Testing, Alpharetta
Vice Chair: Rejer Finklin, Student Life, Dunwoody
Secretary: Brandi Meriwether, Health & Wellness, Dunwoody
Assistant Secretary: James Bohanon, Health & Wellness, Decatur
Parliamentarian: Samantha Walkes, Earth & Life Sciences, Clarkston