Your GPC Staff Senate is here to represent the voices of ALL staff employees in the decision-making process of the College! While continuously striving to encourage your communication and involvement in those matters closest to you, we your Staff Senators, serve as a resource of inquiries regarding general staff concerns. Our goal is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment that allows us to build stronger bonds and professional work relationships within the GPC Community.
Outlined below are a few things Your Staff Senators can do for you!*
- Advise and make recommendations on existing and proposed policies
- Inform staff of issues and activities of importance
- Integrate GPC staff into the GPC Shared Governance and Policy Review process
- Represent the College in the activities of the USG Staff Council
- Facilitate staff development opportunities including, but not limited to, coordinating Staff Development Day, welcoming new staff employees, and developing a mentoring system
*For a full list of responsibilities, you may review the GPC Staff Bylaws.