Proposal Review Process
The management of Student Technology Fee process is accomplished in accordance with the Board of Regents’ (BOR) Student Technology Fee fundamental principles and guidelines. The BOR provides policies and guidelines on the use of "mandatory student fees" and all activity is in strict accordance with these policies.
1. Student Technology Fee applicants will be notified via e-mail the date, time, and location of the Committee review meeting.
2. Each proposal will be nominated for review and will be discussed in open forum. The applicant will have an opportunity to briefly introduce their proposal and answer all questions posed by committee members. Once a “call to question” has been presented to the committee, the committee will vote on the proposal.
3. Voting members shall vote on each nominated proposal. The Student Technology Fee voting members will consist of 12 student representatives and 12 faculty/staff representatives. Two student and faculty/staff alternate representatives may be present but are not called upon to vote unless a voting member must leave the committee meeting.
4. Proposals that are voted upon pass with a simple majority (50% +1). Proposals that are voted upon resulting in a tie vote or does not gain a simple majority do not pass.
5. All awardees will receive a mandatory Budget Coordinator document along with a statement of understanding. Details policy and procedure will be explained as to the handling of funds and how to go about purchasing items based on the award. Awardees will complete the “Statement of Understanding” agreement; completed document will be kept on file in Office of Information Technology.
6. Budget Requesters will be notified of FY2014 funding and recommendations once funding decisions have been finalized.