Use Microsoft FrontPage to Develop your Website
OIT supports the use of Microsoft FrontPage for developing websites and pages at the college. Many full time faculty and staff can obtain Microsoft Office including FrontPage for home use by using the Software Request form.
OIT does NOT recommend using Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher to create web pages.
Get Started by Setting Up FrontPage
General Setup Instructions for FrontPage
Under Tools, go to Page Options
Browsers >> choose Both Internet Explorer and Navigator
Browser Versions >> 4.0 and later
Servers >> Apache Server
UNCHECK >> Enabled with Front Page Extensions
Under HTML Source:
General >> When saving file(s) >> Make sure preserve existing HTML is checked.
Getting FrontPage to Recognize Files with the PHP3 or PHP Extensions
1. Go to Tools >> Options >> Configure Editors
2. Choose Add
3. Insert php3 in File Type
4. Insert FrontPage in Editor Name.
5. Insert C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\frontpg.exe in Command.
6. Click OK, FrontPage will now recognize php3 when opening a file with this extension.
7. Repeat for any other extension they are using (i.e., php)